Sunday, March 16, 2008

Cropping weekend

This weekend was Scrapstreet's crop weekend. Holi Festival Of Colors was the theme this month.
I was able to get a few LOs done. Still have a couple more I would like to finish before the night is over. But I wanted to post a couple of my LOs that I did.

Friday Chasity and I went and got our toes done.We had a full moon challenge. Scrap round. The picture I scrapped is the moon on Christmas Eve. Everyone had their theory on what the ring around the moon was. One was, hole in the ozone. Another Santa was lost and was going in circles, Bright star over Bethlehem.
What it really is The ring around the Moon is caused by the refraction of Moonlight (which of course is reflected sunlight) from ice crystals in the upper atmosphere. The shape of the ice crystals results in a focusing of the light into a ring. Since the ice crystals typically have the same shape, namely a hexagonal shape, the Moon ring is almost always the same size.

To check out the rest of my LOs I was able to do click here.
Scrapstreet Gallery

Hope everyone is having a great fun weekend.

1 comment:

Janneke said...

I took a photo of a circle around the Sun once! Amazing! Great layouts!